F.E.A.R. for F.R.E.E.!
9th Aug 2006 | 08:59
Everyone loves free stuff, and when it's connected to one of the best PC first-person shooters around, all the better. F.E.A.R. Combat, which will shortly be released for download - for free FOR F.R.E.E.! - features the full multiplayer component from Monolith's horror-shooter, including all updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes that have been pumped out.
F.E.A.R. Combat is out on August 17. To prepare for action, we're told, interested parties should go to www.joinfear.com and register (which we're assuming means sign up for the email alert/newsletter that'll announce its arrival) to obtain a free Combat keycode. Once the file is available, install it, enter your keycode and, in the words of the dear departed Ron Pickering, away you go.
F.E.A.R. Combat features:
- 10 Multiplayer Game modes
- 19 Multiplayer Maps
- 12 different weapons
- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support
- The capability to download user generated content
- Deathmatch (DM): Deathmatch is a free for all, where it's every man for himself.
- Slowmo Deathmatch (SDM): Slowmo Deathmatch is a version of Deathmatch with the exception that there is a slowmo hypo that any player can obtain. Once the power up is fully charged, that player can slow the whole game down and utilize the speed advantage given by the power up.
- Team Deathmatch (TDM): Team Deathmatch is a team based free for all, where the only goal is to kill as many of the other team as possible.
- Slowmo Team Deathmatch (STDM): Slowmo
- Team Deathmatch is the slowmo version of
- Team Deathmatch, with the exception that there is a slowmo hypo that any player can obtain for their team. Once the power up is fully charged, that player can slow the whole game down and utilize the speed advantage for their whole team.
- Elimination (ELM): Elimination is game of last man standing. Every player starts with one life and must fight to be the last man standing in order to win.
- Team Elimination (TELM): Team Elimination is the team based version of Elimination, where one team must eliminate the other in order to win.
- Capture the Flag (CTF): Capture the Flag is a team based mode, where each team's objective is to capture the other team's flags. The team with the most flag caps at the end of the round will win.
- Slowmo Capture the Flag (SCTF): Slowmo Capture the Flag is a version of CTF with the exception that there is a slowmo hypo that any player can obtain for their team. Once charged and activated one team will be able to utilize the speed advantage given when the whole game is running in slowmo, giving many strategic advantages for that team.
- Conquer All (CA): Is a form of Capture and Hold, where 2 teams compete to capture all the checkpoints. In order to win Conquer All, one team must gain control of all the checkpoints simultaneously.
- Control (CON): Control is also a form of Capture and Hold, but the difference is that the scoring is different. Holding any checkpoint will accumulate points for your team, however capturing all the points will not end the round. The winning team is determined by the team with the most points when time expires or if one team reaches the max points.
Multiplayer Maps (Map - Available Modes):