Mario Kart Wii sold another 150,000 units in Japan last week, and is on track to break the one million mark in the first few days of May.
According to Media Create, the racing game beat out PSP title Monster Portable 2nd G.
Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 fell into third place, being one of only three games in the top ten made for a console not manufactured by Nintendo.
And with a release date not confirmed for the Japanese version of Grand Theft Auto IV, Mario Kart looks set to hold on to first place for quite some time. Even if it's almost impossible to do in the actual game.
Here's the chart in full:
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PS)
- Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
- Taiko Drum Master DS: Seven Island Adventure (DS)
- Summon Night (DS)
- Wii Fit (Wii)
- We're Fossil Diggers (DS)
- Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage (DS)
- DS Beautiful Letter Training (DS)
- Musou Orochi: The Evil King Returns (PS2)