Arkham Asylum retained the top spot on the UK all formats chart during the week ended September 5.
Wii Sports Resort was also a non-mover at number two, despite an 11 per cent drop in weekly sales.
Watch tons of other game videos in HD over on our video channel!
Retailer bundling of Sony's new cheaper and slimmer PS3 had "a marked effect" on the all formats chart during the week in question, according to sales monitor Chart-Track, with Activision-Blizzard one of the main beneficiaries. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare sales jumped 128 per cent week-on-week, helping the title move up seven spots to third.
Wii Fit and Ashes Cricket 2009 rounded off the top five, ahead of the week's highest new entry, 505 Games' IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey, which debuted in sixth place.
Square Enix's Dissidia Final Fantasy entered at number ten and Atari's Champions Online at 18. Also released on Friday, Nintendo's Metroid Prime Trilogy failed to make the all formats top 40, but charted at number seven on the Wii chart.
01. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)
02. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
03. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
04. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
05. Ashes Cricket 2009 (Codemasters)
06. IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey (505 Games)
07. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA)
08. Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision)
09. Fight Night Round 4 (EA)
10. Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
Article supplied by Edge-Online