Left 4 Dead 2 patch released
7th Jun 2010 | 10:33
Valve's released a new update for Left 4 Dead 2, which is available to download on Steam now.
The patch includes the new mutation, Chainsaw Massacre, and sees various fixes for spawn times added. Here are the full details:
- New mutation: Chainsaw Massacre
- In Versus Special Infected bots spawn within 10 seconds of the Survivors leaving the safe room
- Shortened spawn times for human Special Infected when the Infected team isn't full. The time difference is added to the timer of the next bot in line to spawn
- Exposed client console variable cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor to let players adjust their viewmodel FOV
- To use this type cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor ## in the console. ## can be any number from 0-128 the default is 51
The new single player 'Mutation' mode was revealed for Left 4 Dead 2 at the beginning of the month.