EA's released the first screenshots for FIFA 11 on the PC featuring big money earners like Ashley Cole, David Villa and Nicolas Anelka.
Some PC players might be thinking, "hold on, these actually look nice," and the reason is because FIFA's latest PC instalment is finally on par with the console engine.
This is the first time a PC FIFA game has been given next-gen visuals. Until now PC users have had to make do with PS2-era engine versions of EA's footy sim.
Have a look and taste the difference. FIFA 11 will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP and mobile on October 1 in Europe.
See EA's key features list below:
- Next Gen Soccer Engine: The physics-based, data-driven technology behind the EA SPORTS soccer engine has been optimized for PC. Experience true freedom on the pitch with individuality of player control and movement, sophisticated ball touches, and physical interaction between players.
- Next Gen Gameplay: The high quality gameplay, innovative game modes and stunning graphics that have made FIFA the highest rated sports game on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and winner of over 50 sports game of the year awards arrives on PC.
- Virtual Pro: Live out the fantasy of being a real life player by creating yourself in game with a 3D head using Game Face. Play as yourself across any mode. Grow your player attributes through 230 accomplishments and take your Virtual Pro online to become a global superstar.
- Customizable Set Pieces - Design and record your very own free kicks and corners for use on match day. Assign a specific run or movement to every outfield player on your team one at a time, and then combine them for the perfect set piece. Record, test and perfect them in the Practice Arena, then trigger in game.
- Practice Arena-Work on individual and team skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch. Select the number of attackers and defenders you want in play (eg 11v11, 5v5, or even 5v3), and practice in open play or from set pieces.
- 360 Dribbling-The market-leading true 360 dribbling system improves dribbling control from 8 directional to full 360 control. Players can now find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
- Skilled Dribbling-Next gen animation warping technology provides unprecedented control. Skilled players now have the ability to face a defender and use highly-responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him.
- Physical Play- New next gen collision sharing technology creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
- Player Urgency-Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 next gen movement cycles, delivers more intelligent positioning and awareness so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
- Advanced Attacking -Players analyze space more effectively, curve runs to create passing lanes and vary attacking options.
- Improved Defending Options - Defenders multi-task and play more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. Better effort clearance logic, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, give defenders more tools to prevent goal-scoring opportunities.
- Goalkeeper Intelligence -Goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities.
- LAN Play - Host LAN parties and play friends online without being connected to EA servers.
- PC Tools - Innovations to improve the experience, including VOIP support and lobbies for match-making by skill and geographical location.
- Football World Integration-Go to easportsfootball.com to create your Game Face, search out rivals on global PC Leaderboards and create a PC-specific Friends Lists.
- Stunning Next Gen Graphics-High quality renders that bring every player on the pitch to life, plus 62 different stadiums.
- Complete Authenticity -Over 30 officially licensed leagues, 500 licensed teams and more than 15,000 players.