The latest update for Gearbox's FPS-RPG hybrid, Borderlands, has been released, primarily raising the level cap for all players from level 50 to 50.
If that won't keep you busy enough, it also adds further level cap raises for owners of 'The Secret Armory of General Knoxx' DLC, and for those who've playthrough two of the campaign.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
- Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
- End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you've completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
- Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
- Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.
Console owners, or Direct2Drive and Steam users on PC, will be updated automatically as usual. Retail PC disc users can grab the update here.