Assassin's Creed 3 could feature faster free-running and advanced Eagle Vision, if you read into a (reportedly legit) new Ubisoft user survey that hit the net this week.
The survey asks participants to rate a selection of possible features for the next Assassin's Creed.
Here, Family Fortunes friends, is what the survey says (thanks to Irish on NeoGAF):
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN"S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?
1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Recent speculation suggested the third game could be set in the USSR or ancient Rome.
Interesting stuff. Thoughts, CVG readers?