CD Projekt has revealed plans to launch the first major Witcher 2 update tonight.
Boasting significant changes and upgrades, the company says it'll solve "most issues" with the PC chart-topping game.
"Internal tests of Patch 1.1 are well under way. Our current target is to release it this evening," CD Projekt said. "Please note that although we are doing our best to have it ready by then, the time still may change in order to be completely sure that the patch will function properly."
The patch will feature:
1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
2. Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.
3. Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
4. Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
5. Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
6. Key mapping - allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
7. Added the option to invert the mouse.
8. nVidia surround vision now works properly.
9. More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.
10. Removed a bug that prevented completion of the "Blood Curse" quest.
11. Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
12. GOG.com credits now work properly.
The full list of all changes will be available upon the release of the patch. If you have experienced any issues that are not on the list above, please don't worry. We have already started working on the next patch, which will address other difficulties and bugs, including those related to specific hardware setups; e.g.. Logitech g35. You may expect this second patch to be ready next week.
Patch 1.1 will be available for all the versions of the game, both retail and digital, except for Russian. However, we would like to assure our Russian fans that we are aware of the problems with the your version of the game (thanks for your reports!) and we are talking with 1C about possible solutions.
The Witcher 2 has just been rated Mature on Xbox 360 by US classification body the ESRB, seemingly confirming a console release for the currently PC-only game.