Crytek has released update version 1.9 and the new DX11 support patch for Crysis 2 today.
As Crytek explains: "The Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade delivers higher quality visuals and features including tessellation, water rendering improvements, high quality HDR motion blur, and many other special effects and higher quality texture formats with the optional high res texture pack."
The developer notes however: "Please ensure that you have the 1.9 patch installed beforeattempting to install the optional DX11 and Hi-Res Textures packages."
Here's a list of the techy bells and whistles you can look forward to:
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Realtime Local Reflections (DX9)
- Contact Shadows (DX9)
- Improved Tone Mapping (DX9)