Monster Hunter, Scribblenauts win TGS awards
19th Sep 2011 | 11:16
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Scribblenauts took home the main prizes at the Tokyo Game Show's Japan Game Awards.
Capcom's PSP action RPG won the Grand Award for game of the year in a public online vote, while 5th Cell's DS puzzle title Scribblenauts took home the Designers Award, which was voted on by a panel of high profile game makers including Fumito Ueda, Hideki Kamiya, Shinji Mikami and Masahiro Sakurai.
1,426 games released in Japan between April 1, 2010 and March 31, 2011 were eligible for awards, Andriasang reports.
Other award winners included:
- Special Award: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games, PS3/X360)
- Best Sales Award: Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS)
- Global Award -- Japanese Product: Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS)
- Global Award -- Foreign Product: Call of Duty Black Ops (Activision, PS3/X360/PC)
Award for Excellence recipients:
- Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii)
- Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki (Falcom, PSP)
- Catherine (Atlus, PS3/X360)
- Gran Turismo 5 (Sony, PS3)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii)
- Xenoblade (Nintendo, Wii)
- Donkey Kong Returns (Nintendo, Wii)
- Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS)
- Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS)
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Konami, PSP)
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP)
Tokyo Game Show 2011 shut its doors on Sunday having hosted a record 222,668 visitors over its four-day run.