Duke Nukem Forever DLC arrives next week
5th Oct 2011 | 19:43
Gearbox has announced that the first Duke Nukem DLC pack will land next week.
As detailed back in July, the 'Hail to the Icons Parody Pack' contains four new multiplayer maps, each of which contains a fresh weapon, plus three new multiplayer modes.
It'll be available for free to First Access Club members that registered their membership before Duke Nukem Forever launched.
Here's the full list of new content:
- Freeze Tag mode - Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos.
- Hot Potato mode - See who can hold on to the babe the longest
- Hail to the King mode - Free-for-all Duke style
- Call of Duke - Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don't stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox - Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children's toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno - Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge - Hats? Duke doesn't need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he'll beat off all comers.
We weren't overly impressed with Duke Nukem Forever. Read our review of the game to see why.