CVG's Uncharted 3 review went live at 5pm today.
We labelled the PS3 exclusive "a big step on from Uncharted 2 in terms of visuals, gameplay and performance" and awarded it 9.5/10.
We weren't the only one who loved Naughty Dog's latest action adventure game though. Read on to see what our game journo peers thought of it.
- OPM 10/10: "A visual, technical and narrative tour de force that takes the sky-high expectations of an entire community and blows them out the back of a jumbo jet, replacing them with more show-stopping moments than you could hope to find in a dozen other games combined."
- Games Radar 9/10: "While it never quite reaches the highs of Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3's slick, relentless action, beautiful visuals and beefed-up multiplayer ensure that it stands well enough on its own."
- Joystiq 4.5/5: "It's just an inch further from perfection than Among Thieves -- but that's still closer than most game franchises get within their lifetimes. Moment to moment, it outshines just about every other game on the market."
- Edge 9/10: "Just like Machu Picchu, the Pyramids and every other engineering marvel of antiquity, Uncharted 3 will stand as a reminder to future generations of gamers that enough problem-solving imagination can turn any old trowel into a magic wand."
- Telegraph 4.5/5: "If you were to break Drake's Deception down to its base elements, it's the same Uncharted we have grown to love, just a little trimmer, more slick."
- Metro 9/10: "No longer just an imitation of cinematic blockbusters but an interactive roller-coaster of outstanding ambition, technical ability, and genuine heart."
- Giantbomb 5/5: "Uncharted 3's relentless roller coaster ride is that it doesn't advance the standards for video game action like its groundbreaking, mind-blowing, superlative-generating predecessor did. But it certainly does match them."
- PlayStation LifeStyle 10/10: "The entire experience comes together and delivers an unforgettable adventure rich with cinematic eye-candy, intense action sequences, and a multiplayer component that convincingly entertains. Many will compare it to the Game of the Year-winning Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but it's better, by far."
- 1UP A: "Developer Naughty Dog continues to prove they are masters of their craft, and the third chapter of Uncharted is a fun and rewarding adventure that's easily one of the best games this year."
More game videos from CVG:
- Eurogamer 8/10: "As a slice of one-view entertainment, Uncharted 3 is peerless... As an expression of all that a video game could be, however, Uncharted 3 is narrow, focused and ultimately shallow."
- IGN 10/10: "From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story - they're all top notch. If you're willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming's finest moments."
- Videogamer 9/10: "Uncharted 3's trivial flaws are buried beneath a tidal wave of big-budget spectacle, and a genuine narrative warmth far beyond most blockbuster titles."