EA has announced Showtime, the latest expansion pack for The Sims 3.
Using new social features such as individual in-game news feeds and live updates, Showtime will let players live the rags to riches story with their Sims and share their experiences with friends without ever having to leave the game.
You'll be able to catch a seat on the fame train to new Sims world Starlight Shores as a singer, acrobat, magician or DJ when Showtime launches in March 2012. Here's a list of all the key features:
- Rise to Stardom: Venture into a new world and live the dream as a singer, acrobat, magician and DJ. Watch your Sims' rise to fame - or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
- Create New Sims: New traits and Lifetime Wishes give players more tools to tell their stories the way they want to.
- A Whole New World: The new expansion pack includes a brand new world called Starlight Shores, with new venues and new objects to hone Sims' talent and aid their rise to success.
- Rise to Fame: Build your own custom stages and see your Sims perform in sold-out arenas and in front of packed crowds.
- Book or Host Gigs: Using the innovative SimPort feature, send your Sims to a friend's game or book a friend's Sims for a gig in your game.
- Be Connected: Make new friends, connect, and share your stories and experiences without ever leaving the game. Using the new in-game news feeds and live updates, post your Sims' successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories.
- New Achievement System: Each rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared by in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis.
The most recent Sims 3 expansion, Pets, launched in October.