Call of Duty has lost its crown as the UK's biggest entertainment property in terms of units sold.
While Modern Warfare 3 was last year's most valuable entertainment property in terms of revenue generated, singer Adele sold over one million more copies of her latest album, 21, than Activision's shooter managed.
CoD titles Modern Warfare and Black Ops were the biggest sellers in terms of units in 2009 and 2010.
Five games made the 2011 top 20, with each selling over a million copies, MCV reports. They were Modern Warfare 3, FIFA 12, Battlefield 3, Zumba Fitness and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- 21 - Adele - 3,924,985 - Album
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 2,814,609 - Game
- Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows - Part 1 - 2,532,551 - Video
- FIFA 12 - 2,193,302 - Game
- Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - 2,147,606 - Video
- The Inbetweeners Movie - 2,074,652 - Video
- The King's Speech - 1,882,175 - Video
- Christmas - Michael Buble - 1,349,195 - Album
- Doo-Wops & Hooligans - Bruno Mars - 1,264,763 - Album
- 19 - Adele - 1,264,273 - Album
- Battlefield 3 - 1,186,895 - Game
- Now That's What I Call Music 80 - Various Artists - 1,185,431 - Album
- Despicable Me - 1,157,197 - Video
- Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides - 1,111,715 - Video
- Paul - 1,108,851 - Video
- Zumba Fitness - 1,077,508 - Game
- Tangled - 1,043,857 - Video
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1,024,228 - Game
- Peter Kay - Live - The Tour That Didn't Tour - 1,004,099 - Video
- Bridesmaids - 979,475 - Video