Polyphony has released another title update for Gran Turismo 5 ahead of its new DLC packs coming today.
The update brings the game up to version 2.03, and adds new My Home Themes and colours to the game, as well as a bunch of changes regarding electric cars and suchlike.
This comes in conjunction with two new paid DLC offerings today; the 'Speed Test Pack' which adds a special oval course and testing data to analyse your car's performance, and the 'Car Pack 3' which adds, among others, the stunning Lamborghini Aventador to your collection.
Here's the official change list for update 2.03:
- 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
- Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car's performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.