Weekly Japanese hardware sales dropped for most consoles during the week ended January 22, as 3DS continued to dominate and PS Vita once again failed to make much of an impression.
3DS outsold all of its competitors combined, while PS3 and PSP came in a head of Vita. Sales of all four platforms were down, but Vita's sales total was notable, being its lowest yet.
3DS titles took the top three spots on the software chart, with Onechanbara Z Kagura for Xbox 360 the highest new entry at No.5. Not one Vita game made the top 20, including the newly released Wipeout, Andriasang reports.
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS: 80,960 (100,668)
- PS3: 21,155 (30,332)
- PSP: 17,181 (22,538)
- PSV: 15,219 (18,361)
- Wii: 10,173 (14,179)
- X360: 1,588 (1,519)
- DSi LL: 1,200 (1,515)
- PS2: 903 (766)
- DSi: 822 (1,206)
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS, Nintendo) 35,105 (1,404,728)
- Rhythm Thief (3DS, Sega) 31,598 (New)
- Monster Hunter 3G (3DS, Cacpom) 31,369 (1,159,866)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) 26,051 (1,265,491)
- Onechanbara Z Kagura (Xbox 360, D3) 22,013 (New)
- Heroes Phantasia (PSP, Namco Bandai) 15,163 (New)
- Inazuma Eleven Go (3DS, Level) 14,190 (360,325)
- Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Konami) 14,176 (New)
- Super Robot Taise OG Saga Masou Kishin II (PSP, Namco Bandai) 11,598 (93,494)
- Musou Orochi 2 (PS3, Tecmo Koei) 10,690 (347,614)