Raccoon City: Elite weapons revealed and new Reaction time challenge
10th Feb 2012 | 13:27
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is just over a month and a bit away now and with the countdown clock ticking, we've just unveiled a new Elite weapons video which shows you some of the bonus DLC you get for pre-ordering the game.
Head on over to our Operation Raccoon City Reaction Time challenge page to get involved. Therein you'll find details and footage of the new Perforator Shotgun, a chunky double-barrelled pump action affair, ideal for close-quarters encounters.
You'll also discover the combat SMG, another pre-order bonus piece of DLC with a unique look and rapid rate of fire, ideal for clearing zombie or special forces infestations in double quick time.
After, why not sign up for the Reaction Time challenge itself, assemble your squad of Umbrella Operatives and input the codes to win great prizes like exclusive signed Resident Evil artwork and big screen HD TVs. If you haven't had a go yet, it's dead simple to enter and rather good fun.
We had a detailed look at the game and the tail end of last year and you can see what we thought in our Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City preview. Our chums from Games Radar have also just had a detailed hands-on with the new Heroes multiplayer mode, full details in the video below.
Are you still here? You should be cracking on with the challenge, those splendid Resi Evil prizes aren't just going to win themselves you know.
1) Head on over to the Operation Raccoon City Reaction Time Challenge page.
2) Sign up and follow the instructions to form a squad of four Res Evil fans, by logging into Facebook and inviting your friends to join you.
3) Watch our weekly exclusive Operation Raccoon City video and prepare to enter the codes by watching videos displayed on the Resident Evil competition site.
4) The site displays the time until the release of the next Reaction Time video. Squads should assemble ready for this time and view the latest video.
5) During the video a code will be displayed. Each squad member must enter the code using the option provided.
6) A squad's reaction time is judged on the time taken between the first and last member to enter the code.
Prizes and eligibility
Each week, Capcom will award a prize to the squad with the best reaction time. Squads will not be eligible to win more than one weekly prize but must compete in at least 10 of the 20 prize draws in order to be entered for the chance to win the grand prize of TVs, Consoles and Raccoon City goodies.
Full competition rules can be found here