Update: Sony has temporarily pulled newly released Vita firmware update version 1.65 due to a technical fault.
Vita firmware update version 1.65 is out now.
Sony said in a blog post that it includes the following minor enhancements:
- A "Notification Alert" option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
- After 10 minutes" will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
- An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
- Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
NeoGAF users listed a few more updated features after downloading the update:
- Near updates at any time instead of every 60 mins.
- Turning off notifications turns off ALL notifications including trophy pop ups
- Background downloading now works when you manually go in sleep mode
- Percentage bar when installing a game
Sony also reminded users not to forget that there are a couple of ways to update Vita's firmware:
- Select "System Update" under the "Settings" menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
- Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.
Sony said in early March that over 1.2 million Vita units had been sold globally since the system launched in Japan in December and in February in the West.