Codies has announced a May 25 release date for DiRT Showdown as well as a playable demo set to launch on May 1.
It has also funleashed two beefy gameplay videos and 11 new screens for Showdown, the latest instalment in its popular Colin McRae racing series.
The publisher has described Showdown as "an arcade-style spin-off" that takes the extreme-sports elements of DiRT 2, mixes in the Gymkhana events from DiRT 3, and then lobs in Destruction Derby action for good measure.
In DiRT Showdown's career mode players will tear through Miami, San Francisco, London, Tokyo and a number other famous locations in 50-plus events across four championships. Races will be set in sun, snow and rain, both during the day and under the floodlights at night.
Codies also revealed some new information about the various modes and features being crammed into the game.
Take a look at the full breakdown as well as the screens and videos below.
- Showdown is a new arcade racing game from the makers of the acclaimed DiRT series. Accessible, pick up and play controls combine with spectacular events and stunning graphics to deliver high octane, dive in and drive thrills from event one.
- DiRT Showdown features a mouth-watering selection of cars. Ken Block's all new Gymkhana 4 HFHV Ford Fiesta debuts alongside a varied selection of vehicles across a range of classes. From saloons and muscle cars to pick-up trucks, hearses and vans, players will have a wide selection of cars to trick, race and destroy.
- Trade paint and use nitrous to speed past rivals in DiRT Showdown's range of racing modes. Courses are littered with obstacles, pinch points, multiple-routes and ramps to deliver adrenaline fuelled racing across spectacular courses.
- Players will crash, smash and bash their way through a range of demolition derby themed events which pushes the EGO-powered damage engine to its spectacular limits.
- A new accessible handling system lets players let loose in free-roaming, freestyle stunt parks. Compounds flooded with obstacles play host to a range of new challenges, from performing trick runs to competitive stunt events, explorations challenges and more.
- Race through each championship until you make your way to the 'Showdown' finale. Each Showdown is held in a unique festival atmosphere where a frenzied party atmosphere, including pyrotechnics and lasers combine with DiRT Showdown's high-octane driving gameplay.
- DiRT Showdown is purpose built for social gaming. Dedicated party games are available online and in split-screen perfect for sofa gaming with a low barrier to entry for friends where classics like 'capture the flag' and checkpoint challenges get the Showdown treatment.
- All new for DiRT Showdown, players can now issue Showdown Challenges so players can test themselves against their friends whether they are online or not.
- Every location in DIRT Showdown becomes a thrilling racing theatre, custom designed for players to perform on the perfect stage. From San Francisco to Miami, Nevada to Michigan, Tokyo to London, each of DIRT Showdown's locations delivers a unique atmosphere for a wide range of events.
- Flashback becomes Crashback in DiRT Showdown - whenever a large crash happens, players can see 'kill cams' from several angles showing how the carnage unfolds. In single player events, gamers can also upload clips direct to YouTube.
"Codies' spin-off is still superb", we wrote about the game in our DiRT Showdown preview. Have a read to find out why.