Gamescom organiser Koelnmesse has said it expects over 300 new products and game premieres at this year's show.
More than 370 exhibitors have signed up to show off their wares at next month's trade fair, which takes place in Cologne, Germany from August 15-19. They include Sony, Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, EA, Konami, Namco Bandai, Take-Two, Ubisoft and Valve.
Respawn, the studio founded by Call of Duty co-creators Jason West and Vince Zampella, has said it won't be revealing its mysterious debut title at Gamescom.
Koelnmesse sent over the following breakdown of its expected event highlights and new features:
- Exhibition space expanded to 140,000 square metres (+15%)
- Now more than 370 exhibitors (+20%) from 31 countries (+7%)
- 13 shared country stands (+2)
- New partner country in 2012: Korea - the global leader in online gaming
- Mobile Gaming joins expanded range of themes
- New gamescom trailer cinema powered by LG
- New cosplay village
- Exclusive ticket presales
- Exclusive entrance for private visitors with advance tickets
A record 275,000 people visited GamesCom 2011, underlining its status "as the world's largest trade fair for interactive entertainment", according to Koelnmesse.