to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG
News

No sign of progress for PS3 exclusive Agent

Take-Two CEO says "we haven't announced anything about that title"

There's little sign of progress with Agent, the PS3 exclusive game that was first revealed in 2007 but has since been the subject of much speculation.

Zoom

On Tuesday, when asked about the progress that the game had been making, Take-Two chief executive Strauss Zelnick said: "We haven't announced anything about that title".

In 2007, Sony announced that Rockstar was working on a new franchise for the PS3, and two years later it was revealed that the project was Agent. The publisher has since insisted that it is still in development, but has nothing new to offer.

Conversely, while he didn't offer any new information on the Grand theft Auto 5 release date, Zelnick assured investors that the game was making significant progress.

When asked about the status of the project last year Take-Two was just as tight-lipped, saying only that Agent is 'still in development' for PS3 and nothing more.

A month later Sony CEO Jack Tretton cast doubt over whether the illusive Rockstar title was still a PS3 exclusive: "I don't know where we're going to end up on that," he replied when asked about the exclusivity.

The first ever Agent screenshot appeared online last year courtesy of an environment artist working on the project.

On Tuesday, Take-Two posted a net loss of $111 million for the three months ending June 30. Strauss Zelnick said he's "disappointed" with the firm's first quarter results.

Comments