Blizzard breaks down Diablo 3 patch 1.0.4
13th Aug 2012 | 10:12
Blizzard has detailed the tweaks, changes and new additions that will be introduced with
The developer has posted a comprehensive breakdown along with some insight into the thinking behind the changes on the official Diablo 3 website. It's worth reading the whole thing, but we've picked out all the important parts for those looking for a quick overview:
- Co-op: Removing averaging in multiplayer games of Magic Find and Gold Find.
- Co-op: Lowering the health multiplier for monsters per additional player in co-op game
- Shrink the gap between normal monsters and Elite packs (Champions and Rares)
- Increasing the health of normal monsters by approximately 5%-10% in Inferno, but also increasing the likelihood they drop magic or rare items by a factor of four
- Adjusting some of the more frustrating monster affixes, such as Fire Chains and Shielding.
- Raw damage value on all level 61 and 62 weapons will be able to roll damage that extends all the way to the top end of level 63.
- Improving two-handed melee weapons by creating a new set of stronger affixes to compensate for the loss of stats that can come from your offhand.
- Changing how damage is calculated on a few damage-over-time skills.
- Removing Enrage Timers and the "heal back to full" behavior from Champion and Rare monster packs.
- Reducing repair costs of high-end items by 25%.
Last week Battle.net was hacked. Although the Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft online service was compromised, Blizzard quickly moved to assure users that all credit card info was safe.