Microsoft has announced a 'VIP membership programme' for Forza Horizon.
Packaged with the Forza Horizon Limited Collector's Edition, it'll offer exclusive content including cars, VIP Rivals Mode events, in-game gifts and an expanded storefront.
Here's a full rundown:
- Special recognition in the community as a VIP member with a VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in "Forza Horizon"
- VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members will have access to exclusive Rivals Mode events in "Forza Horizon"
- Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team
- Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive extra slots for things like photos, liveries, videos, etc.
- Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP's can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery on www.forzamotorsport.net
- 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder -- Going topless in an all-wheel drive super car might be illegal in some places, but just try and catch this culprit. The R8 GT Spyder has enough power and traction to leave nothing but the brief memory of its taillights in the mind of anyone trying to match its pace.
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera -- The Agera is one of the most interesting of the current breed of hypercar. It certainly has the requisite manic power numbers courtesy of a 940 horsepower twin-turbo 5-litre V8. With a top speed of greater than 260 mph and a sub-three-second 0-60 mph time, no one can deny its performance.
- 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento -- Faceted like a cut diamond, there's no mistaking the Sesto Elemento for anything else on the road-even other Lamborghinis. Sesto elemento is Italian for "sixth element"; aka carbon, a not-so-subtle hint that the body is composed entirely of carbon fibre.
- 2012 Pagani Huayra -- When one thinks of Pagani cars, it's natural to think of craftsmanship, performance, and a platonic ideal of automotive beauty. The Huayra has been a long time in the making as designer Horacio Pagani began work on the car in 2003. But, like all works of art-automotive or otherwise-true beauty takes time.
- 2011 RUF Rt 12 R -- Starting with the traditional 911 body-in-white, RUF completely rebuilds or replaces the rest of the componentry, and the result is stunning-730 horsepower and 693 ft-lbs. of torque, enough to rival all but the most extreme supercars. While the R can do things that few cars can equal, it does so precisely and without drama; a skilled driver can use this car as a finely tuned racing tool.
The Forza Horizon Collector's Edition is a GAME and Gamestation exclusive in the UK priced at £59.99, a tenner more than the estimated retailer price for the standard edition.
Microsoft has confirmed an October 23, 2012 Forza Horizon release date. Pre-ordering a copy of Forza Horizon will get you extra treats not just in the new game but also in Forza Motorsport 4 if you own a copy - here's a list of Forza Horizon pre-order goodies.
Microsoft also said today that series developer Turn 10 Studios will be revealing new Forza Horizon cars on a daily basis beginning this Thursday, August 23.