The first patch for Darksiders 2 has gone live for the PS3, which is set to fix a number of bugs and issues players have experienced.
The patch will automatically install the next time you start the game, so long as you are signed into the PlayStation Network, of course.
The Darksiders community manager posted the patch notes on the Darksiders forum, while stating that a second patch is on the way to fix issues "not addressed in this first patch."
The patch notes are as follows:
- A few crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
- A crash occurring when proceeding back to the Cauldron after completing it.
- The Custodian falling through the bridge in the Foundry when back-tracking through the dungeon.
- Spanish sub titles will be added to the North America version of Darksiders II.
- Players will be able to back up their save without having to use an online save
- Various fixes for the custodian getting fixed in the Foundry and the Scar
- Progression blocker with the Chancellor, reported after crashing or doing the Crucible before going to the land of the dead.
- Turning in three Stones of resistance awards the player properly.
- Improved general stability
If these bugs have put you off playing Darksiders 2 for a while, it looks like it's safe to boot up the game again.