PES 2013 review round-up: Konami back in form
17th Sep 2012 | 12:49
PES 2013 review scores are in, and according to the games press it's a welcome return to form for Konami's football sim.
CVG's PES 2013 review calls the first of this year's football contenders "the finest PES of the generation, delightfully recreating the ebb and flow of the modern game."
See the full round-up below.
- CVG: 91 - "Tweaked in all the right places, 2013 is the finest PES of the generation, delightfully recreating the ebb and flow of the modern game."
- OXM UK: 8/10 - "Niggles aside, there's no denying that PES 2013 is a huge improvement over the last few offerings."
- OPM UK: 8/10 - "While familiar faults persist, PES 2013 marks the biggest step forward for the series on PS3."
- IGN: 8.5 - "It's not ground breaking and it's by no means perfect, but PES 2013 - more than its recent predecessors - feels like a game with a sense of identity and direction."
- Videogamer: 8/10 - "Konami's latest outing shares the same values as arcade stalwarts such as Tekken, offering a sense of achievement for every individual that decides to press start."
- Metro: 7/10 - "We do sometimes, even if it is briefly, get the feeling we're playing a classic PES game from the series. Still rough around the edges though."
- PlayStation Universe: 8.5 - "Across the board the improvements are clear to see, from the improvement in graphics to what really matters, the gameplay."
- Nowgamer: 9.1 - "The FIFA vs PES debate will rage, as always, but this year, no matter which one you plump for, you won't be disappointed."