Assassin's Creed 3 will not run on Windows XP
26th Sep 2012 | 08:29
Publisher Ubisoft has disclosed the minimum PC requirements for the PC release of Assassins Creed 3.
The game, developed in Montreal over a period of three years, is due for release on PC from November 20th. An Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U edition will be launched contemporaneously, along with a custom PS Vita edition.
The game will not support Windows XP, Ubisoft has announced, though a version for Windows 8 is in the pipeline. This is thought to be due to direct-X compatibilities.
Minimum System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
Supported video cards
- AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better