Electronic Arts has produced the fastest-selling UK game of 2012 with its annual hit FIFA 13.
The widely acclaimed football title sold more than one million copies on its first week - feat achieved only by three Call of Duty games.
FIFA 13 outsold last year's edition by 27 per cent in units for week one, and helped treble the value of the market compared to last week. The game accounted for 71 per cent of the UK's total video unit sales.
Last week's number one, Borderlands 2, slipped to second and moves F1 2012 down one place to third.
World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria didn't manage to replicate the success of its predecessors, landing at fourth.
Other debutants included Rocksmith at seventh and Angry Birds Trilogy at sixteenth.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (week ended September 29):
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
- F1 2012 (Codemasters)
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (Activision)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Konami)
- Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
- Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
- New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
- Dead or Alive 5 (Tecmo
- Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
- LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
- Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
- Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
- Angry Birds Trilogy (Activision)
- Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
- London 2012 The Official Video Game (Sega)
- Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai)
Further reading: FIFA 13 review