Billed as "the spiritual successor" to Infection from Halo 3 and Halo Reach, the multiplayer game type will support ten players, with two starting off as infected and tasked with spreading their disease to the rest.
"We went through several iterations of tuning settings, mostly around getting the Flood to feel right in the sandbox and making the Flood experience noticeably different than the Survivor experience," 343 says. "To ensure the Flood's gameplay had a unique feel, we honed in on the following elements:
- The Flood Character Model - A unique character model for both first and third-person.
- The Claw - A special melee weapon tuned just for the Flood.
- Flood Armor Effect - A special effect that trails behind Flood characters.
- Flood Screen Effect - A first-person screen effect that shows the haunted view of a Flood.
- Dynamic Music - When playing as the Flood or final Survivor, dynamic music plays in the background to intensify the experience.
- Flood Gameplay Tuning - Flood move faster, react differently to bullets, and have specially tuned armor abilities, the core of which is an enhanced Flood Thrust Pack.
- The Floodsassination - How could we not?!
Microsoft has confirmed a Halo 4 release date of November 6.