Joe Danger 2 will launch on PS3 in Europe and Australia next Wednesday, October 10.
Priced at £9.99 / €12.99, the PS3 version will offer players "a huge exclusive DLC pack of bonus content", according to Sean Murray, MD at developer Hello Games.
"The sad thing is, no one ever got to play this prototype game we now refer to as 'Joe Danger Gaiden'. It was an alternate Joe Danger for the true fan, and I still play it every now and then," he told the PS Blog.
"When we came to make the PS3 version of Joe Danger 2, I thought it would be a great opportunity to let our original fans play this unseen version.
"So what is it? Well, it's a complete game that takes easily ten hours to complete. Many of the levels will be familiar to fans of the original, and others are experiments that we loved but were too challenging or quirky for the main game.
"We've gone back and added all the cool new things from Joe Danger 2, like Pro Medals, Ghosts, new leaderboards and hidden challenges where you become a monkey on a jetpack!"
More new features and tweaks for Joe Danger 2 on PS3:
- Replays and Youtube Support: What's the point of being the World's Greatest Stuntman, if you can't show your friends? Now you can save, playback and upload to youtube your greatest stunt spectaculars.
- Developer Picks: On Joe Danger 2, you can share your own levels globally online. As well as all the extra content in Joe Danger 2, we're also getting ready some exclusive developer levels which will be ready on launch day!
- Custom Soundtracks: We love the Joe Danger music, but we think we've heard it a few too many times now. Personally we like to listen to eighties rock, while we take over the leaderboards.
- Level Editing: The Sandbox was one of our most popular features. Now that you can share your levels across the globe, we wanted to make the Level Editor even more powerful. Every Friday we'll be picking the 5 best user levels, and highlighting them on our front page.
- Unlocking Joe Danger: If you own the original Joe Danger, then you'll unlock the original Joe and his bike for Joe Danger 2. Then you can play the entire game as him if you want!
- Downloadable Tours: On PlayStation 3 we've created an area which allows us to release new Downloadable content straight into your game. This is where you'll find "Joe Danger Gaiden"! We already have another pack planned in the next month...
- Lots More: We've tried to make everything just a little bit better, from big things like how the leaderboards work, to little things like making one annoying sound a little quieter. If someone has noticed it, we've tried to fix it.
- Hidden Stuff: We couldn't resist putting in some surprises for people who have already played Joe Danger to death. Especially if you 100% completed the game, or think you have gotten all the Pro Medals, you might want to have a another look.