Acclaimed film director Guillermo del Toro has signalled his interest in resurrecting the Insane trilogy of games that had been cancelled by embattled publisher THQ.
Speaking to a gathering at the New York Comic-Con event on Thursday, del Toro said he is searching for a new development partner for the trilogy.
"The game was cut months ago, and now we are talking to developers," he said in a video interview published on Kotaku.
He continued: "When some thing doesn't happen in one way, I just continue to pursue it in another way. I'm not giving up on Insane, it's truly beautiful."
THQ cut loose the trilogy project due to the lavish costs involved at a time when the company needed to enact company-wide austerity measures to balance the books. But it appears that del Toro walked away with the IP rights in hand.
A number of studios and publishers are now being pitched the game, he suggested.
del Toro said the dream partner for Insane would be PC games kingpin Valve, having revealed he is a huge fan of the company's work. He also revealed that Ellen McClain, the voice of GLaDOS from the Portal series, will be heard as the voice of an AI in his next feature film.