Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was the best-selling game in the US during November, according to data from retail monitor the NPD Group.
It debuted at No.1 ahead of fellow new release Halo 4, while Assassin's Creed 3, Just Dance 4 and Madden NFL 13 rounded off the top five.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted and WWE 13 were new entries at No.7 and No.9 respectively.
On the hardware front, Xbox 360 was the top-selling console for the 23rd consecutive month, shifting 1.26 million units, while Wii U sold 425,000 units.
November software sales chart
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Halo 4 (360)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)*
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
- Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC)
- WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii)
- FIFA 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP)