Warner Bros. - the publisher of the Batman Arkham series - has registered 15 new domains for new Arkham titles.
Registered by the publisher's Domain manager MarkMonitor, the domains include 'Arkham Universe', 'Batman Arkham Arises', and 'Batman Arkham Origins'.
The full list:
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
With no confirmation of a forthcoming Batman game, it's unclear what Warner Bros. plans to do with these domains. Indeed, they may be simply buying them up in order to preempt other parties doing so.
According to a Variety report the next Batman: Arkham game will be a "highly stylized" prequel drawing inspiration from DC's 1950s era comics, featuring other heroes such as Superman.
The game supposedly focuses on Batman's first meeting with Joker, around the time the Justice League is first founded.