Animal Crossing: New Leaf returned to the top of the Japanese software chart during the week ended January 27.
Nintendo's 3DS game, which is approaching 2.5 million sales in the firm's home country, knocked last week's best-seller DmC Devil May Cry down into second place.
Vita was the only system to register a lift in weekly sales, but it was 3DS that continued to dominate on the hardware front, shifting more units tthan all other consoles combined, according to Media Create data republished on NeoGAF.
Software sales Jan 21 - Jan 27
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 82.370 / 2.366.126
- DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3, Capcom) - 31.627 / 142.056 (-71%)
- Gintama no Sugoroku (PSP, Bandai Namco) - 27.011 / New
- Demon Gaze (Vita, Kadokawa Games) - 25.316 / New
- Fantasy Life (3DS, Level 5) - 25.042 / 187.772
- Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece (Vita, Compile Heart) - 24.978 / New
- Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox (PS3, Nippon Ichi Software) - 23.417 / New
- Hitman: Absolution (PS3, Square Enix) - 22.233 / New
- Digimon Adventure (PSP, Bandai Namco) - 13.991 / 61.798
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 12.834 / 1.886.476
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 75.124 (81.855)
- PS3 - 18.322 (19.697)
- Wii U - 13.746 (16.654)
- PSP - 12.897 (15.343)
- Vita - 9.748 (9.036)
- Wii - 2.093 (2.199)
- Xbox 360 - 611 (706)
- Total - 132.541 (145.490)