Weekend news: Microsoft exec hints at Xbox release date; Nintendo direct announcements
19th May 2013 | 23:03
CVG Australia rounds up the news you missed at the weekend.
Recent comments from Microsoft exec Aaron Greenberg have implied that the company could be targeting a 'holiday' 2013 launch for its next-generation Xbox.
Meanwhile, Nintendo hosted a new 'Direct' online presentation at the weekend, with new titles including Super Luigi World Wii U and a Sonic game confirmed for the Wii U.
All the news:
- Deathstroke 'playable' in Batman: Arkham Origins
- Grid 2 videos show Japan drifting, Dubai, Yas Marina
- MS exec hints at 'holiday' 2013 launch for new Xbox
- Batman voice actor will return for Arkham Origins
- 3DS eShop: Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons out May 30 - trailer
- Defiance dev Trion Worlds confirms redundancies
- EA engineer slams Wii U viability for third parties
- Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection release date confirmed
- No FIFA 14 on Wii U due to 'disappointing' FIFA 13 sales
- Xbox 360 dashboard update to shun Microsoft Points system - report
- Gallery: New Pikmin 3 screens released
- Killzone Mercenary release moved following GTA clash
- Nintendo pledges to 'bring E3 to the people' with US retail tour
- Game & Wario release date set for June
- New Super Luigi U to release as retail game
- Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 European release dates confirmed
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympics set for Wii U
- Sonic: Lost World leads 3-game Nintendo partnership
- Yakuza 1 & 2 HD announced for Wii U
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 'set for PC release'
- Apple announces 50 billion App Store downloads
- Manhunt available for download on PSN
- Rainbow 6: Patriots removed from retailer database
- Xbox Wire blog launched ahead of next-gen reveal
- The Last of Us: New screens, gameplay video released
- The Last of Us 'is playable during download'